Monday, February 29, 2016

Saturday Random Swatchfest 3/28/2015

Hey friends :) Per usual, for this Saturday Swatchfest we're going to look at 10 random polishes from my collection.  I'll give them each a grade and tell you what I think about em.  Then we'll look at my A+ polish of the week.  I hope you find something you like.  If you'd like to see live application of all 10 polishes, you can do so here: 

Let's look at the polish:
OPI Red Fingers and Mistletoes is a beautifully shimmering ruby red.  This goes on nicely in two coats.  This was just one of the many reds in the Gwen Stefani Holiday 2014 collection.  A


Ulta Encore Pink is of course found at Ulta.  This is two coats, and as you can see, it's not quite opaque at two coats.  I have to say, this one was a bit disappointing.  I suppose you could go for three coats, but I'd probably just look to one of the other millions of baby pinks out there.  B-


Julie G Bikini is a gorgeous bright peach.  This really captures summer perfectly.  If I wore bikinis, this would be a great color for one :)  I've shown you two coats and it applied easily enough.  A


Color Club Almost Famous is a very sunny, almost retro-feeling yellow.  This is two coats.  A


China Glaze At Vase Value is a very light sky blue cream.  This was a tad bit streaky at two coats but I just want to like it so much!  A-


Misa Blue over a Boy of such a great blue.  This is two coats and it could maybe use a third but I loved how it applied so nicely.  A


Julep Gayle ended up being one of my favorite polishes of 2015!  This is one coat of this beautiful plumy purple.  Love, Love, Love.  A


Revlon Cloud is an oldie in my collection.  I love how it is a very very light lavender cream.  This is two easy coats.  A


Color Club Diamond Drops is a glitter made up of holographic shreds in a clear base.  I really really like this one!  A


Zoya Chita was my A+ polish this week and it's a matte textured forest green polish which reflect spring green glitters.  Just stunning, and so easy at two coats.

I hope you found this helpful or at least saw some purty polish :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Phoebe

No comments:

Post a Comment