Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Saturday Random Swatchfest 2/21/2015

Hello again everyone!  This Saturday Swatchfest happened to fall on the birthday of my daughter and mom!  So Happy Birthday to two special ladies in my life! :)  As usual, at our swatchfest we're going to look at 10 random polishes from the untried portion of my collection.  If you'd like to see live application of formula you can do so here:

Let's look at the polish:
OPI In a Holidaze is our red polish and I actually really liked this one- such a great classic red crelly polish.  This is two coats.  A


Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Pink Sprinkles is a raspberry pink with little gold flecks throughout.  I'm showing you two coats and I wish it had reached a bit more opacity.  B-


Sinful Colors Ring the Bellini is a new polish from the Citrus Twist display.  It's a mandarin yellow-orange with tons and tons of shimmer.  This is the amount of opacity reached at two coat.  I was only ok with this one.  It probably looks better as a topper.  B


Julie G You-niverse is a gold/green duochrome and I've shown you two coats here.  This one does show the brushstrokes a bit, but I do think it's really pretty.  A


FingerPaints Leonardo's Lime is a fabulously weird green cream polish.  I thought the formula was great and the color is just so cool.  This is two coats.  A


For blue I'm sharing Sonia Kashuk Naval Academy which is a really pigmented navy blue.  I've shown you just one coat here without topcoat.  I thought it was great and especially pleased with how easy application was.  A


Formula X for Sephora At Your Own Risk is our purple polish.  What a great shade!  I love this hot pinky-purple.  I barely reached opacity at two coats, and wasn't sure if I was going to like this one, but it totally grew on me.  A


Zoya Loredana is our neutral polish this week.  It's a matte velvet from Zoya so it dries matte, but it looks absolutely stunning with topcoat, which is how I've shown you here.  This is two coats of the charcoal gray.  A


Our glitter polish today is Urban Outfitters Violet Sugar.  What a cool polish! I love all the glitters in this violet crelly base.  The base doesn't get super opaque at two coats, but I still really liked it.  A


We've finally arrived at my A+ polish of the week and it is the incomparable Cirque Erda.  I received this polish as a gift from Ashley at nailsaloveaffair.blogspot.com so that makes it extra special for me.  But on top of that- I just love this slightly blue-toned emerald luster.  This is two coats.

And that wraps it up.  I hope you're having a great day and I'll see you back next time.

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment