Monday, February 24, 2014

Make it Up As You Go Monday

Hellooooo!  Hey, welcome back to my nail art wonderland.  I sat down last night to paint my nails and I knew I wanted to use this amazing turquoise cream from Orly called Water Lily.  Other than that, I didn't have a plan.  How often do you develop your nail art as you go, and how often do you sit down with a plan when you're ready to do your nails?  I would say I do each about half of the time.  A good thing to pull out when you don't know what you wanna do yet, is pull out your dotting tools.  I picked a few other colors that I thought would go nicely with the turquoise and I set out placing a line of dots on each nails.  Next, I placed another dot in each of the larger dots.  When that was finished, it just wasn't complete and I was like hmmmm what does this need?  Then it all came into focus and I just grabbed my detail brush and finished up with the little lines.  Here's the finished look:




The base polish, Water Lily, is shown here at two coats, but you could probably get away with one coat:

How gorgeous is this blue?  Sigh, so lovely.  So glad you stopped by for a visit today.  Get out your paints and show your nails some love :)  I'll see you back tomorrow!

Song of the Day: The Neighborhood- Sweater Weather
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCdwKhTtNNw&list=RDA76a_LNIYwE
*this link is provided for its audio content only*

Over and out

2 comments: