Friday, February 28, 2014

Gradient Dotticure=Party Time!

Hey ya'll.  I wanted to create this dotticure that demonstrates another way to do gradients on your nails.  By the time I was finished, it looked like a party on my nails.  Here's the finished look:




I don't know if you can tell in these pics, but on the index finger I changed it up a little bit and instead of having blue be the base dotting shade, I used yellow first and then blue, and then white.  It just adds a little variety to the nail.  So basically when you're creating this look, you just pack on the dots at the tip of your nail and then get progressively thinned out as you move along your nail.  Super easy, super fun!

The base polish I used for this manicure is China Glaze Gossip Over Gimlets which you can see here at two coats on its own:
I really love all the great dimension this foil has which the large medium gold particles in there.  So much more interesting than just a basic silver foil.  These are being clearanced out at Sally Beauty Supply right now so if you hurry over there you can snatch them up.  ALSO, all China Glaze are going to be BOGO for the entire month of March, and at my local store they apply that to the already clearanced price so you can get em for like $1.25 right now.  Pretty sweet, right?  This would be the perfect chance to pick up any Autumn Nights you find there, Sea Goddess, City Flourish, Crinkle Chrome(which I haven't tried yet, so I can't give my opinion on those yet), or any other core bottle you've had your eye on.  Happy hunting!

Song of the Day: Gotye- Smoke and Mirrors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwXh8h5jivg
*this link is provided for its audio content only*

Over and out.

2 comments: